Union Public Schools’ Career Connect program – and our amazing students – may be the answer. We are interested in growing the workforce pipeline in high-demand fields by matching Tulsa-area companies and non-profits with high school students who are exploring career options. In exchange for offering internships, training, or community service opportunities, your organization benefits from:
- enhanced community presence and industry familiarity;
- a pool of prospective employees who have been pre-qualified;
- an improved corporate culture with more engaged employees;
- a mechanism to continuously improve training; and
- the best feeling in the world . . . knowing you have made a difference in the life of a student!
Here's your chance to make a difference!
Union is looking for partners across a variety of industries and interest areas, including:
- Culinary Arts
- Early Childhood
- Future Educators
- Information Technology
- Law Enforcement
- Sports Marketing and
- Promotion; and
- Others (insert your industry here!)
Industry Partner Requirements
- Sign and return a memorandum of understanding with Union Public Schools.
- Complete Junior Achievement forms Volunteer Conduct Standards and Job Shadow/Consultant Agreement (to be eligible for a $1 million liability insurance policy, at no cost to the partner).
- Host students at your location or job site.
- Provide clear expectations and meaningful roles for students when they arrive.
- Record attendance daily or weekly using an online program.
- Report any problems, questions, or concerns to the program director (i.e., accidents or injuries, discipline issues, etc.).
- Ensure students have personal protective equipment if it is needed.
Note: Use of an image or likeness of students on social media or allowing the news media access to students without permission from Union Public Schools is strictly prohibited.
Union's Commitment to Partners
A Union Career Connect counselor will:
- make site visits to check on students.
- facilitate student assignments and choice of industry partners.
- clearly communicate students’ performance expectations on days school is in session and verify attendance.
- provide opportunities for students to reflect on their activities and assign grades.
- monitor attendance and performance of students.
- be the liaison between the school and industry partner.