Health Benefits That Makes Sense
Working at Union Public Schools comes with a lot of benefits! Union fully pays employee only health, dental, vision, life insurance, and long-term/short-term disability policies. Union also offers both a health and a dental plan with higher coverage levels.
Our district contributes on additional $993 per year beyond what the state provides toward employee benefits.
Union is the only district in Oklahoma that is self-insured on the medial plan, and Union's family coverage costs $6,500 less per year compared with state plans.
Union offers near site employee clinics, where a doctor's visit is ZERO co-pay, with many common prescriptions available free to employees and dependents enrolled in either Union medical plan.
Union rewards its employees with a generous retention stipend, contingent upon Board of Education approval, up to 5 percent of your base pay for returning to work for another school year.
Union also offers sign-on bonuses and other Incentives where applicable.
Certified employees who complete approved college courses toward a qualifying candidate degree (and meet other requirements) will be reimbursed up to $100 per credit hour for graduate tuition. Reimbursement is also available for undergraduate tuition to pursue another area of certification. See Tuition Reimbursement.
District Paid Employee Only Coverage
The District provides all full-time employees health, dental and vision insurance, as well as long-term and short-term disability and life insurance at no cost to the employee (at the single employee rate and up to the cost of the Union medical plan.)
Union offers a traditional medical indemnity plan along with a wide network of doctor choices, with no referrals required by the plan for specialist visits.
Union's dental base plan is designed to help with the cost of routine, preventive and major dental care.
Union’s vision exam only plan provides one vision-screening annually.
Life Insurance and Accidental Death & Dismemberment
The district provides up to $20,000 of life and accidental death and dismemberment coverage.
Disability coverage provides employees with an income in the event they are unable to work due to an accident or illness.
In addition to the district-paid coverage, employees are provided with a variety of other insurance plans, which they may pay for themselves.
Employees may also contribute towards pre-tax retirement savings plans, including 403(b) and/or 457; and pre-tax medical and childcare reimbursement accounts.
- Medical: Additional children, spouse and family coverage is available at employee's expense under the medical plan.
- Dental: An optional plan includes a higher yearly maximum and a higher percentage for major services.
- Vision: An optional plan includes coverage for frames, lenses or contacts.
- American Fidelity Accident: A plan to provide a cash benefit if an employee has an accident or becomes injured.
- Texas Life: A life insurance policy that is permanent and portable that locks in rates until age 121.
- Supplemental Life Insurance: Low-cost term life insurance for employee and family members.
- Legal Insurance: Offers affordable access to legal services.
- American Fidelity Cancer: Plan designed to offset catastrophic costs associated with the treatment of cancer. This is a supplement to the health insurance coverage.
- American Fidelity Supplemental Disability: Plan to provide cash benefit if employee becomes hospitalized and cannot work due to an accident or illness.
- Auto/Home: Offered through direct-bill to employee’s home with group discounts. 1-800-438-6388
- Pet Insurance: Offered through direct-bill to employee’s home with group discounts. 1-800-438-6388
Union Public Schools prohibits discrimination in the educational programs and activities, admissions programs of students, recruitment, selection and/or employment on the basis of race, religion, gender, age, national origin, veteran status or disability. The school district complies with federal and state regulations for implementing Title IX of the Education Amendment of 1972, Title VI, Section 504, and the Americans with Disabilities Act. Entire policy.