- Home /
- Employment/HR /
At Union, We Reward Your Service and Offer Opportunities to Advance
Union rewards its employees with a generous retention stipend* up to 5% of your base pay for returning to work for another school year.
Certified employees who complete approved college courses toward a qualifying graduate degree (and meet other requirements) will be reimbursed up to $75 per credit hour for graduate tuition. Reimbursement is also available for undergraduate tuition to pursue another area of certification.
*Contingent upon Board of Education approval each year.
Health Benefits that Save You Money
- Union fully pays employee health, dental, vision, life insurance, and long-term/short-term disability policies. (Family coverage is additional).
- Our district contributes an additional $993 beyond what the state provides toward employee benefits.
- Union is the only district in Oklahoma that is self-insured, enabling us to keep costs low.
- We have not raised premiums in seven years.
- Union’s family coverage costs $6,000 less per year compared with state plans.
- Our in-network deductible is only $250, compared to $500 with similar state plans.
- Office visits are only $25, compared to $30 or $50 with similar state plans.
- Onsite Employee Clinic, where a doctor’s visit is only a $5 co-pay, with many common prescriptions available FREE to employees and dependents enrolled in our health plan.
The Union Public School District offers a competitive package of benefits for eligible employees including the following:
- District Paid (Employee Only) Coverage
- Union offers a traditional medical indemnity plan (PPO), paid up to the single employee rate of the Union PPO medical plan, providing employees with a wide network of doctor choices, with no referrals required by the plan for specialist visits.
- Union's dental plan is designed to help with the cost of routine, preventive and major dental care.
- Vision plan providing one vision-screening exam annually.
- Life Insurance and Accidental Death & Dismemberment
- The district provides a minimum of $20,000 of life and accidental death and dismemberment coverage.
- Disability coverage provides employees with an income in the event they are unable to work due to an accident or sickness.
- Optional Employee-Paid Benefits
- Legal insurance coverage, supplemental material vision coverage, supplemental cancer policy, supplemental optional life insurance, supplemental accident coverage, auto/home, and pet insurance, as well as additional disability insurance
Employees may also optionally contribute towards
Pre-tax retirement savings plan(s): 403(b) and/or 457.
Pre-tax medical and childcare reimbursement accounts.
For further information regarding Benefits, please contact the Benefits Office at 918-357-6196.
Union Public Schools prohibits discrimination in the educational programs and activities, admissions programs of students, recruitment, selection and/or employment on the basis of race, religion, gender, age, national origin, veteran status or disability. The school district complies with federal and state regulations for implementing Title IX of the Education Amendment of 1972, Title VI, Section 504, and the Americans with Disabilities Act. Entire policy.
- Dulce Jimenez - Manager of Benefits
- Brandi White - Benefits Specialist
- Sue Johnson • Benefits Representative