PHASE-IN TO UNION ATHLETIC ACTIVITY- In-Person Learning
As of August 24, 2020, Union Public Schools will return to in-person learning. Athletics will continue or restart activities with restrictions and guidelines. All sports must first adhere to the rules set forth in the OSSAA manual for their respective sport. The situation surrounding COVID-19 is fluid and adjustments may need to be made.
PHASE TWO—MODIFIED- IN-PERSON LEARNING- AUGUST 24, 2020
Union coaches may have face-to-face contact with students using the provisions provided below. A sports physical form, dated after May 1, 2020, must be completed for each participant prior to the start of any athletic activity.
• All workouts must be scheduled with a start and end time for facility use.
• All coaches, supervisory staff, and student-athletes must wear face coverings at all times in Union Public Schools Athletic facilities unless activity does not warrant.
o Certain activities are not conducive to wearing a mask and stricter, expanded social distancing guidelines should be observed.
• Social distancing guidelines must be followed; the total number allowed in the weight room must comply with social distancing requirements (exception: a spotter should be permitted to safely spot if needed). As always, if social distancing cannot occur, face coverings will be required by student-athletes and staff.
• We recommend coaches to ask COVID-19 daily screening questions. Any individual experiencing symptoms or feeling ill will not be permitted to stay.
• Hands must be washed or hand sanitizer used prior to entering the facility and touching any equipment
• Locker rooms will be accessible to students but we recommend the use of these locker rooms be as minimal as functionally possible. Face coverings are required in the locker rooms at all times.
• Each piece of equipment must be disinfected between each user of the equipment
• Any equipment used including weights, balls, bats, helmets, etc. must be disinfected at the end of each session
• No shared hydrating bottles, towels, gloves, or any other personal equipment is permitted. Student-athletes must bring their own water bottles to drink.
• When traveling to and from away events, all coaches and student-athletes will be required to wear face coverings.
• If you have an athlete experiencing symptoms, tests positive for COVID, or has a household member test positive for COVID, please immediately contact Dan Newman.
SHOULD UNION PUBLIC SCHOOLS TRANSITION TO DISTANCE LEARNING, UNION ATHLETICS WILL RETURN TO PRIOR PHASE TWO PROCEDURES, WHICH INLCUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO TEMP CHECKS AND DAILY SCREENS.
PHASE TWO—JUNE 22 – Download Phase Two Explanation / See Phase One