Items to Bring to Enrollment
Proof of residence is required. Acceptable proof includes two of the following, one must be from the primary category and all the proof must be in the parents' or legal guardians' name.
- The primary proof must be one of the following: Current (within 30 days) gas, water, or electric bill, signed lease agreement. Documents must be in the parents' or legal guardians' name. Utility bills must include the service address, and final bills will not be accepted as proofs of residence.
- A second proof of residence may be any of the following: Bank or credit card statement, cable bill, cellular or home phone bill, DHS letters, pay stub or another utility bill - in the parents' or legal guardians' name. The district will not accept driver's licenses, checks, junk mail or pieces of mail from Union Public Schools as proof of residence.
Immunizations: For school enrollment, a parent or guardian shall provide one of the following: 1) Current, up-to-date immunization records; or 2) A completed and signed exemption form. Appointments for missing immunizations will not be accepted; all series must be completed at the time of enrollment. Exemption forms are available from the school nurse or the Enrollment Center.
- 3-Years and Pre-kindergarten – 4 DTaP/, 3 Polio, 1 MMR, 3 Hepatitis B, 2 Hepatitis A, 1 Chickenpox/Varicella
- Kindergarten - 6th Grade – 5 DPT/DTaP*, 4 Polio*, 2 MMR, 3 Hepatitis B**, 2 Hepatitis A, 1 Chickenpox/Varicella’
- 7th-12th grades – 5 DPT/DTaP* + 1 Tdap booster, 4 Polio*, 2 MMR, 3 Hepatitis B**, 2 Hepatitis A, 1 Chickenpox/Varicella
A certified birth certificate is required for all students (hospital certificates cannot be accepted). For Early Childhood, pre-kindergarten, kindergarten and first grade, students must be 3, 4, 5, or 6 years old on or before September 1.
Custody Documentation (if applicable) - Joint Custody Plan, DHS placement papers, or Court-Appointed Guardianship.
Student Social Security Number - Requested but not required.
Transcript & Withdraw Grades (official or unofficial) from previous school for students in grades 9-12; Withdrawal grades or last report card from previous school for grades 6-8; Elementary report card for grades K-5 is recommended.
Other Information - Parents'/legal guardians' photo ID; Tribal Citizenship card or a CDIB Card (Certified Degree of Indian Blood,) Special Education (IEP); address of the previous school, and telephone numbers for students’ doctors and emergency contacts. Proof of all household income is required for the Early Childhood Programs – Tax form 1040 & W-2’s (preferably), or 12 months’ worth of pay stubs from all places of employment.