Athletic achievements 2019-2020
More than 1,400 students (grades 7-12) were involved in Union’s 23 competitive athletics and spirit programs, and participation was close to 1,700 in K-12 in the district’s 139 non-competitive teams and spirit squads.
- Union Varsity Pom were the 2019 State Champions.
- Junior Courtney Posey was the 200-Yard Freestyle State Champion in Girls Swimming.
- In Boys Swimming, Junior Danny Sibley was the 500-Yard Freestyle State Champion; Junior Trenton von Hartitzsch was the 100-Yard Breaststroke State Champion; and Junior Danny Sibley was named as one of three finalists for the Tulsa World All-World Swimmer of the Year.
- Twenty-seven student-athletes signed to play collegiate athletics.
- Union had 23 All-State athletes. • Senior Micah Walker was named OCA Region 7 Male Athlete of the Year and OSSAA State Runner-Up.
- Senior Darrian Carr received the OCA Injured Athlete Scholarship Award.
- Senior Ashley Barber was the OTCA 61 Girls Player of the Year (Class of 2020).
- Senior Courtney Moyer was the OCA Jim Thorpe Player of the Year for Girls Tennis.
- Senior tennis player Emily Barber received the President’s Volunteer Service Award.
- The Boys Swimming Team earned a Distinguished Academic Plaque for a GPA of 3.50 and ranked in the top 5 of Class 6A and Academic Achievement Certificates. Ranked in the top 1/3 of Class 6A with a GPA of 3.25 or above went to Fast-Pitch Softball, Girls Swimming and Wrestling.
- OCA All-State: Jayla Burgess, basketball; Elizabeth Allen, cheer; Joseph Nichols and Jake Rogers, football; Eric Uerling, swimming; Aaron Boyington, Ashley Barber and Emily Barber, tennis; Chris Dugger, Avante Wilkins and Micah Walker, wrestling; Gabe Cantu, Peyton Cook, Josh Dill, Mason Givens, Kyra Choice and Kayla McClellan, track; Adrianna Young, fast-pitch softball; Kallie Lund and Hailey McPherson, slow-pitch softball; Madison Tyler and Bri Vargas, soccer; and Trent DeSmet, baseball.