See Board Reports
Board considers policy revisions
The Board of Education on first reading Monday, November 11, considered various board policy revisions, which may be viewed here. The Board will consider final approval at its next meeting, Monday, December 9. The Board will consider comments from the public. Please send comments to [email protected].
Some of the policy changes under consideration are as follows:
- Policy 1960/Service Animals: Changes to the definition of service animals as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act and related procedures and requirements to be in compliance with federal policies;
- Policy 3010/Purchasing and Procurement: Revisions regarding the sourcing process for public improvement and construction projects, including minor maintenance and minor report work to district property associated with recent change to Oklahoma law;
- Policy 3015/Recycling and Recycled Materials Procurement: Changes that specify that, whenever possible, the district purchase no less than 40% of paper by weight from a recycled source, in keeping with recent changes made to the Oklahoma State Recycling and Recycled Materials Procurement Act.
- Policy 3080/Fund Raising, Crowdfunding, Grants, and Donations: Procedural changes recommended for the approval and disbursement of donations.
- Policy 3200/Travel Expense Approval, Documentation, and Reimbursement: An addition that provides for travel reimbursement for individuals participating in special District-sponsored events as District guests.
- Policy 4026/Alcohol and Illegal Chemical Substance and Policy 4028/Alcohol and Drug Testing for Bus/CDL Drivers: Changes to the employee policy to ensure Union complies with recent changes to state law.
- Policy 4060/Substitute Teachers and Policy 4062/Certification, Licensing, and Highly Qualified Status: Revisions to reflect the expanded number of days that substitutes are allowed to teach during the school year due to changes in state law.
- Policy 5025/Attendance: State change for medical exemptions with regard to determining absences for accountability purposes; and a district change to only offer final exam exemptions to seniors at spring semester.
- Policy 5030/Promotion, Placement, and Retention of Students: Changes to “Good Cause Exemptions” and Probationary Promotion of students related to Oklahoma’s Reading Sufficiency Act.
Board members approve bid for High School stadium expansion project
Board members approved a bid of $3.1 million from Crossland Construction, Inc., for constructions costs related to the planned High School stadium expansion and renovation project.
This amendment will provide for renovation and improvements to the east stadium complex. Also included is the stadium lighting package for the stadium complex. Eastside improvements include patching and repair to the east stadium structure and new coating for the top surface of the stadium, new masonry brick façade on the front field side of the stadium, refurbishment of the restrooms and concession areas, and new partitioned storage areas for the band.
In other action, Board members:
- Approved a consulting agreement with Henderson Engineers for engineering services related to work around the district, including
- Freshman Academy two-way valve replacement
- High School two-way valve replacement
- 6th/7th Grade Center natatorium de-humidification and RTU replacement
- Operations maintenance garage vehicle exhaust system
- High School electrical main service equipment replacement
- Building automation standardization and dash board project
- Accepted a bid of $315,215 for playground improvements at Andersen and Boevers. Included in the upgrades are new playground toys, new playground boxes with concrete borders for a playground surface, and new engineered wood fiber mulch. Other improvements include drainage and refurbishments of the walking tracks.