District Paid Employee Only Coverage
The District provides all full-time employees health, dental and vision insurance, as well as long-term and short-term disability and life insurance at no cost to the employee (at the single employee rate and up to the cost of the Union medical plan.)
Union offers a traditional medical indemnity plan along with a wide network of doctor choices, with no referrals required by the plan for specialist visits.
Union's dental base plan is designed to help with the cost of routine, preventive and major dental care.
Union’s vision exam only plan provides one vision-screening annually.
Life Insurance and Accidental Death & Dismemberment
The district provides up to $20,000 of life and accidental death and dismemberment coverage.
Disability coverage provides employees with an income in the event they are unable to work due to an accident or illness.
Optional Employee Paid Benefits
In addition to the district-paid coverage above, employees are provided with a variety of other insurance plans, which they may pay for themselves:
- Medical: Additional children, spouse and family coverage is available at employee's expense under the medical plan.
- Dental: An optional plan includes a higher yearly maximum and a higher percentage for major services.
- Vision: An optional plan includes coverage for frames, lenses or contacts.
- American Fidelity Accident: A plan to provide a cash benefit if an employee has an accident or becomes injured.
- Texas Life: A life insurance policy that is permanent and portable that locks in rates until age 121.
- Supplemental Life Insurance: Low-cost term life insurance for employee and family members.
- Legal Insurance: Offers affordable access to legal services.
- American Fidelity Cancer: Plan designed to offset catastrophic costs associated with the treatment of cancer. This is a supplement to the health insurance coverage.
- American Fidelity Supplemental Disability: Plan to provide cash benefit if employee becomes hospitalized and cannot work due to an accident or illness.
- Auto/Home: Offered through direct-bill to employee’s home with group discounts.
- Pet Insurance: Offered through direct-bill to employee’s home with group discounts.
To learn more about available benefits, visit the following vendors' Web sites:
Online Provider Directory Instructions