Skip to main content

Scholarships & Financial Aid




Apply for scholarships early and often. Some scholarship deadlines are as early as a year before you start college. You do not need to wait until you have made your final decision about your school to apply. Do not worry if you missed out on some of the earliest scholarship applications because there are numerous scholarship opportunities out there with a wide variety of deadlines. The Naviance scholarship list includes several hundred options and limiting that to a more manageable list of categories is as easy as making a few simple clicks.  The CCC posts scholarships opportunities in Naviance, as well as social media. Some scholarships are very quick and easy to apply for, but others take a little more time. Meet all deadlines because missing one could disqualify you.

Financial Aid

The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is the form that the federal government, states, colleges, and other organizations use to award financial aid. Completing and submitting the FAFSA is FREE and quick, and it gives you access to the largest source of financial aid to pay for college or career school, including monies that are grants or loans. Grants are based on income and do not have to be paid back. Loans collect interest and must be paid back. Submitting your FAFSA application is your key to accessing grants, scholarships, work-study programs, and federal student loans. Completing the FAFSA is a requirement for Tulsa Achieves and is the final check for Oklahoma’s Promise eligibility. Everything starts with the FAFSA, so make sure you complete the application during your senior year and every year you are in college. FAFSA opens October 1st and closes June 30th yearly.  

Apply for the FAFSA

For non-citizens

Although a social security number is required to receive federal financial aid, there are many resources available to assist undocumented students in applying and paying for college. Most students will be eligible for in-state tuition within the state of Oklahoma. Additionally, many scholarships and other forms of financial assistance are available to non-citizens. The College/Career Center provides information and assistance to all students, regardless of their citizenship status. Students and families can start their scholarship search with the following resources, but should make an appointment with their college advisor or another trusted school official to help them explore all of their options for life after high school.

Documents needed to apply for FAFSA

  • An FSA ID to sign electronically
  • Your Social Security number (it’s important that you enter it correctly on the FAFSA!)
  • Your driver’s license number if you have one
  • Your Alien Registration number if you are not a U.S. citizen
  • Federal tax information or tax returns including W-2s, 1040, 1040A, 1040EZ, and other records of money earned
  • Records of your untaxed income (if applicable), such as child support received, interest income, and veterans non-education benefits

If you are a dependent student, then you will also need most of the above information for your parent(s).

Additional FAFSA Resources

Scholarships Bulletin


District Announcement

You Are In Redhawks Territory


Report A Threat

Report A Threat

District Flyers

District Calendar

Upcoming Events

Share This Page

Contact Information

Union Public Schools
8506 E. 61st Street
Tulsa, Oklahoma 74133
Phone: 918-357-4321