- Home /
- Employment/HR /
- The Clinic
5656 S. 129th E. Ave., Building C
Tulsa, OK 74134-6711
Operated by OU Physicians
Direct Line: 918-357-7378
Hours: Monday-Friday, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m., Closed Noon to 1 p.m.
Union Public Schools is very proud of our partnership with OU Physicians. The partnership allows us the opportunity to provide access to quality health care while helping to control escalating medical costs. Together we provide a clinic for Union’s more than 2,000 employees and their covered dependents with an ever continuing focus on overall health and wellness.
The Clinic strives to maintain a vision of accessible, convenient, high quality care so employees can receive fast medical attention, reducing time away from work. Same or next day appointments are frequently available.
The Clinic offers a professional atmosphere with convenient parking and is separate from school facilities. All medical care is confidential and protected by HIPAA laws as in other physicians’ offices.
This location offers access to quality medical attention tailored to meet employee needs. A 24-hour physician on-call service is also available.
Appointments are required at The Clinic. In the event you are unable to keep a scheduled appointment please be courteous and notify Clinic staff as soon as possible so a fellow employee might be able to receive care.
The Clinic is dedicated to providing comprehensive health care for the district and its staff includes a medical doctor and a physician assistant. A registered nurse is employed full-time and dedicated to wellness activities. Support staff includes a certified medical assistant who not only assists the medical staff but provides immunizations, lab services and nurse only visits. There is also a patient service representative available for scheduling appointments and coordinating referrals. A Spanish-speaking translator is also staffed at The Clinic.
Clinic Services are available to:
- All full time and part time Union employees.
- Retirees enrolled in the Union PPO medical plan and their covered dependents.
- Dependents (12 and over) of Union employees who are covered on the Union PPO medical plan.
- Employees who have opted out of Union insurance but have other coverage may be eligible. Call the Clinic to verify eligibility.
- For part-time employees who do not qualify for district-paid insurance, and have no other insurance, the partnership with OU Physicians offers medical care at a discounted rate. See Clinic staff for information.
- Provisional employees may not utilize The Clinic.
- Acute care of minor illness
- Comprehensive care of chronic medical conditions in adults, including referrals and coordination of care
- Preventive care for adults, such as well woman exams and well male visits.
- Acute care for children, ages 12 and over
- Sports Physicals
- Comprehensive Wellness Program that includes classes, wellness challenges, personal consultations, personal wellness profiles and screenings
- Many vaccinations (no routine pediatric vaccinations)
- Multiple in-house laboratory tests
- Blood drawing for outside laboratory tests
- Medication injections and IV fluids when needed
- Aerosol breathing treatments
- Spirometry to assess lung function
- Dispensing of select generic medications for PPO insured
Costs and Co-Pays
- Part-time un-insured employees-$10.00
- Charges, co-pays and other fees, services, terms and conditions for District benefit-eligible employees, and their covered dependents, are established by the applicable health insurance coverage. See Benefits
Connie Lane, M.D., earned her Bachelors of Science and Nursing from the University of Tulsa in 1973 and M.D. from the University of Oklahoma in 1983. After closing her private practice in Tulsa, she joined OU Physicians to provide on-site primary care services for Union employees. Dr. Lane has been with the clinic since its opening in 2008 and now serves as the medical director. She is board certified in Internal Medicine.
Kaytie Fratzke, PA-C, graduated from Union High School in 2007 as a “lifer”. She then went on to earn her Bachelors of Science in Physiology from Oklahoma State University in 2011, her professional degree from the University of Oklahoma – Tulsa Physician Assistant Program in 2015, and became certified to practice medicine in the state of Oklahoma in January 2016.
Linda Smith, R.N., earned a degree in microbiology from Memphis State University in Memphis, Tennessee. After spending time in the research field, she returned to school to earn a Master of Science in Math and Science Education degree in exercise science and in 2008 obtained her R.N. from the University of Oklahoma. Smith has experience teaching aerobics and fitness classes and has a passion for health and wellness.
Wellness Services - Wellness Nurse Linda Smith
Employees are encouraged to participate in health coaching, screenings, and other disease management and prevention programs offered by the Clinic wellness nurse, Linda Smith. To compliment this service, visit The Y at Union Wellness Center to become a healthier you.
See also The Y at Union
OU Physicians appreciates the opportunity to take care of the Union population and for any comments, suggestions or opportunities, please call us directly.