- Home /
- Legislation /
- Legislation Quick Links
Legislation Quick Links
This section is provided as a reference for state and federal legislative issues affecting education. If you have a question or concern, please contact the webmaster and your question will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
See also Parent Legislative Active Commitee under the Parents section.
- Digital Legislative Guide App - Download today!
- How an idea becomes a law
- Passage of a bill
- Path of a new law in Oklahoma
Major initiatives that were enacted as a result of the 2015 Oklahoma Legislative Session included:
• H.B. 1498: Defining the Phrase “Per Pupil Expenditure” – Cre- ates a law pertaining to schools and expenditures. The bill defines “per pupil expenditure” and provides the categories that shall be used and the conditions in which the expenditures apply.
• H.B. 1963: Ad Valorem Tax Code – Modifies confidentiality provisions and prohibits increases in ad valorem taxes pursuant to certain final judgments in tax appeals. This bill also modifies payments of taxes in relation to appeals from certain orders regarding valuation of property.
• S.B. 189: Oklahoma Performance Informed Budget and Trans- parency Act of 2015 – Provides policy and procedures on budget requests and oversight of State budget performance.
• H.B. 1962: Ad Valorem Taxation – Amending the definition of all personal property to include certain tangible personal property to relate to Article X of the Oklahoma Constitution.
- State Department of Education
- OSDE - Oklahoma School Law Book - PDFs are avilable on the state site
School Laws of Oklahoma, 2009. Compiled under the direction of Sandy Garrett, State Superintendent of Public Instruction and the State Board of Education.
- OSDE - OK Legislation
Search Active Legislation in the Oklahoma House and State Senate.
- Oklahoma State Board of Education Members
Oklahoma State Board of Education Members with short biography and contact information.
- The Governor's Office
We hope you will take a moment to learn more about the governor's office and the great state of Oklahoma.
- Oklahoma Legislature Home Page
The LSB web site includes legislative bill tracking information, copies of all versions of bills including committee reports, daily agendas, meeting notices, calendars, and an array of useful information. This information is available on the web site earlier than it is available in hard copy.
- United States House of Representatives
- United States Senate
- Union Board of Education