Union Public Schools

Advanced Search

Union Collegiate Academy

Oklahoma Higher Learning Access Program

The Oklahoma Higher Learning Access Program (OHLAP) has been available to students since 1992. The program provides resident tuition for courses needed to complete a degree or program within five years from award.

House Bill 2728 changed the eligibility requirements for OHLAP, raising the family income threshold from $32,000 to $50,000.

To be eligible students must:

  • be a resident of Oklahoma,
  • make commitment to the program as an 8th, 9th or 10th grader,
  • complete the courses required for admission to any  Oklahoma college or university plus 1 unit (these courses must include 2 units of foreign language or technology, and 1 unit of fine arts),
  • graduate with a 2.5 grade point average within the previous three years,
  • have a family income of $50,000 or less, and
  • have been admitted and enrolled in an institution of higher education or postsecondary career-tech program.

For more information, call the Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education's student information hotline at 1-800-858.1840, email okpromise@osrhe.edu or write to:

Oklahoma's Promise
Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education
PO Box 108850
Oklahoma City, OK 73101-8850.