- Home /
- College/Careers /
- Oklahoma's Promise
Oklahoma Higher Learning Access Program
The Oklahoma Higher Learning Access Program (OHLAP) has been available to students since 1992. The program provides resident tuition for courses needed to complete a degree or program within five years from award.
For the 4th year in a row, Union Public Schools in January 2016 was recognized by the Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education as the Oklahoma’s Promise 2015 State 6A Champion for having 158 seniors from the class of 2015 qualify for the Oklahoma’s Promise Scholarship.
House Bill 2728 changed the eligibility requirements for OHLAP, raising the family income threshold from $32,000 to $50,000.
To be eligible students must:
- be a resident of Oklahoma,
- make commitment to the program as an 8th, 9th or 10th grader,
- complete the courses required for admission to any Oklahoma college or university plus 1 unit (these courses must include 2 units of foreign language or technology, and 1 unit of fine arts),
- graduate with a 2.5 grade point average within the previous three years,
- have a family income of $50,000 or less, and
- have been admitted and enrolled in an institution of higher education or postsecondary career-tech program.
For more information, call the Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education's student information hotline at 1-800-858.1840, email firstname.lastname@example.org or write to:
Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education
PO Box 108850
Oklahoma City, OK 73101-8850.