- Home /
- Academics /
- Gifted/Talented Enrichment
Children are identified as “gifted and talented” students at the elementary, middle school and high school levels as having demonstrated potential abilities of high performance capability and needing differentiated or accelerated education or services.
Gifted and talented students will be provided instructional programs which differentiate, enrich and support the regular educational program.
- Oklahoma State Department of Education/Gifted and Talented Education
Summer Opportunities for Gifted Students
- The Survival Guide for Parents of Gifted Kids: How to Understand, Live With, and Stick Up for Your Gifted Child by Sally Yahnke Walker
- The Gifted Kids Survival Guide (For Ages 10 and Under) and The Gifted Kids Survival Guide (For Ages 11-18) by Judy Galbraith
- The Gifted Kids Survival Guide (For Teenagers) and The Gifted Kids Survival Guide II by James Delisle and Judy Galbraith
- Keys to Parenting the Gifted Child by Sylvia B. Rimm, Ph.D.
- The Faces of the Gifted by Nancy Johnson
- Perfectionism: What's Bad About Being Too Good by Miriam Adderholdt-Elliott Ph.D.
- Driven to Distraction: Recognizing and Coping with ADD from Childhood through Adulthood by Edward Hallowell and John Ratey
- Work Left Undone by Sally Reis (Especially related to gifted girls)
- Whack on the Side of the Head by Roger VonOech (Motivating underachievers)