- Home /
- Parents /
Welcome to Union – the greatest school district in the entire universe – just ask any Union student! There are many reasons to be Union PTA Proud!
Of course you want to stay informed with events and procedures that will affect your child - and joining the PTA (Parent Teacher Association) is the absolute best way to do that!
Starting this year, There are even more reason to join!
Why join the PTA?
In a nutshell, PTA engages and empowers families and the community to advocate for school children! But there’s more:
- PTA is a volunteer child advocacy association providing a powerful voice representing all children.
- PTA promotes safety, health and improvements for public education.
- PTA encourages parent and public involvement in public schools.
- Joining PTA provides the opportunity to meet other parents and to learn about and participate in school activities.
- PTA also informs our members about legislative issues that could impact education.
- Union PTA Council operates under the umbrella of the Oklahoma and National PTAs.
- Union PTA membership provides access to discounts & savings
- Joining is easy! For membership information, click here.
How do Community Partners make a difference?
Union PTA is excited to introduce our theme for the 2015-2016 school year: PTA PROUD – SHOW YOUR CARD!!! Here’s why:
- Besides a donation to our PTA, our Union Community Partners will offer a special deal or discount exclusively for Union PTA Members.
- Simply show a current PTA membership card at one of our Community Sponsor locations and receive a reduced rate or in some cases, a free item!
- If you ever needed a reason to join PTA – here you have it… Your membership card is like a rewards card!
- These specials are featured on the PTA Community Partners page.
What's in it for our students?
In addition to our community partner sponsorships, Union PTA Council has two major fund raisers each year; usually in the form of a spirit t-shirt & sweatshirt sale. Proceeds from these fundraisers support:
- Union High School Senior Scholarships
- The District Wide Elementary Chess Tournament
- Bus Driver Appreciation Breakfast
- And more…
The teamwork and participation of parents, grandparents, high school students, teachers, school administrators, community partners and you make a meaningful difference in the lives of Union students.
To be a part of the team, contact your child’s school PTA president (contact information below) or click here. Everyone is welcome to be PTA PROUD!
Hope to see you at a Union Event soon!
Union PTA Council President 2014-2016
2015-2015 PTA Council Meetings:|
For Principals, PTA Presidents, Council Delegates and Administration.
9:30AM Wednesday in the Board Room, Service Center
September 9, 2015
October 7, 2015
November 4, 2015
NO December Meeting
January 13, 2016
February 10, 2016
March 9, 2016
April 13, 2016
May 11, 2016
2015-2016 Board Meetings:
For Committee Chairs. Any PTA President may attend but not vote.
9:30AM First Tuesday of the month in Room 2, ESC
September 1, 2015
October 6, 2015
November 3, 2015
December 1, 2015 (Dec meeting place TBA)
January 5, 2016
February 2, 2016
March 1, 2016
April 5, 2016
May 3, 2016
PTA Council Board 2014-2016
|Vice President||Susan Raginafirstname.lastname@example.org|
|3 Times a Charm||Darlene Wheeleremail@example.com|
|Bus Driver Appreciation||Myra Goldenfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Catch the Dream||Amber Plumleeemail@example.com|
|Catch the Dream||Shannon Davenportfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Chess Tournament||Stacey Roemermanemail@example.com|
|Chess Tournament||Megan Setterfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Clothing Closet||Jean Jonesemail@example.com|
|Community Partners||Kasey Fordfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Community Partners||Michelle Abramsemail@example.com|
|Family Engagement||Kulsum Siddiquifirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Family Engagement||Emma Thadaniemail@example.com|
|Financial Secretary||Betsy Francisfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Installation Banquet||Jean Jonesemail@example.com|
|Social Media||Tari Cunninghamfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Graduation Celebration||Monica Puckettemail@example.com|
|Graduation Celebration||Karen Lesikarfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Graduation Celebration||Darla Tipps|
2015-2016 PTA Presidents
|Cedar Ridge||Megan Setteremail@example.com|
|Rosa Parks||Jessica Orvisfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|6/7 Grade Center||Stacey Roemermanemail@example.com|
|8th Grade Center||Liz Martinfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|9th Grade Center||Laura Hofmannemail@example.com|
|High School||Nancy Posey||Nancyposey@cox.net|
|Union Alternative School||Election to be held this firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Union PTA Council||Leigh Royemail@example.com|