- Home /
- Employment /
- The Clinic
5656 S. 129th E. Ave., Building C
Tulsa, OK 74134-6711
Operated by OU Physicians
Direct Line: 918-357-7378
Hours: Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Closed Noon to 1 p.m.
Union Public Schools is very proud of our partnership with OU Physicians which allows us the opportunity to provide access to quality health care while helping to control escalating medical costs. Together we provide a Clinic for Union’s over 2000 employees and their covered dependents with an ever continuing focus on health and wellness.
Participating full-time Union employees are fully covered by health insurance through a PPO or a high-deductible qualified PPO medical plan/HSA that is paid by a combination of the State’s contribution and the district’s additional contribution, as a part of the employee’s compensation. The Clinic services are open to the covered dependents of these employees as well.
The Clinic strives to maintain a vision of accessible, convenient, high quality care so employees can receive fast medical attention, reducing time away from work. Same or next day appointments are frequently available.
The Clinic offers a professional atmosphere with convenient parking and is separate from school facilities. All medical care is confidential and protected by HIPAA laws as in other physicians’ offices.
This location offers access to quality medical attention tailored to meet employee needs. A 24-hour referral and physician on-call service is also available.
Appointments are required at The Clinic. In the event you are unable to keep a scheduled appointment please be courteous and notify Clinic staff as soon as possible so a fellow employee might be able to receive care.
The Clinic is dedicated to providing comprehensive health care for the district and its staff includes a medical doctor and a physician assistant. A registered nurse is employed full-time and dedicated to wellness activities. Support staff includes a certified medical assistant who not only assists the medical staff but provides immunizations, lab services and nurse only visits. There is also a patient service representative available for scheduling appointments and coordinating referrals.
Clinic Services are available to:
- All Union employees, including part time employees.
- Dependents of Union employees who are covered on a Union insurance plan.
- Employees who have opted out of Union insurance but have other coverage may be eligible. Call the Clinic to verify eligibility.
- For part-time employees who do not qualify for district-paid insurance, and have no other insurance, the partnership with OU Physicians offers medical care at a discounted rate. See Clinic staff for information.
- Provisional employees may not utilize The Clinic.
- Acute care of minor illness
- Comprehensive care of chronic medical conditions in adults, including referrals and coordination of care
- Preventive care for adults, such as well woman exams and well male visits.
- Acute care for children, ages 12 and over
- Sports Physicals
- Wellness activities including classes, personal consultations, personal wellness profiles and screenings
- Many vaccinations (no routine pediatric vaccinations)
- Multiple in-house laboratory tests
- Blood drawing for outside laboratory tests
- Medication injections and IV fluids when needed
- Aerosol breathing treatments
- Spirometry to assess lung function
- Bone density screening by heel ultrasound
- Dispensing of select generic medications for PPO insured
Costs and Co-Pays
- Part-time employees-$10.00
- Charges, co-pays and other fees, services, terms and conditions for District benefit-eligible employees, and their covered dependents, are established by the applicable health insurance coverage. See Benefits
Connie Lane, M.D., earned her BSN from the University of Tulsa in 1973 and M.D. from the University of Oklahoma in 1983. After closing her private practice in Tulsa, she joined O.U. Physicians to help staff the clinic at Union. Dr. Lane has been on staff since the clinic opened in 2008 and now serves as the medical director. She is board certified in Internal Medicine.
Dolores Atkinson APRN, CNP has been a nurse practitioner since 1989, after first attending the University of Colorado Pediatric Nurse Practitioner program then completing Ball State University’s Family Nurse Practitioner program. She has a varied background in acute hospital care as well as public health, with her prior experience as a Registered Nurse. Ms. Atkinson has a Master’s in Community/Public Health Nursing from the University of Oklahoma. In addition to providing acute or chronic disease care; she finds the greatest satisfaction in the role of education and prevention of health problems.
Linda Smith, R.N., earned a degree in microbiology from Memphis State University in Memphis, Tenn.. After spending time in the research field, she returned to school to earn a Master of Science in Math and Science Education degree in exercise science and in 2008 obtained her R.N. from the University of Oklahoma. Smith has experience teaching aerobics and fitness classes and has a passion for health and wellness.
- November 2015
- October 2015
- June 1, 2015
- May 4, 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- October 2014
- May & June 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- September 2013
Wellness Services - Wellness Nurse Linda Smith
Employees are encouraged to participate in health coaching, screenings, and other disease management and prevention programs offered by the Clinic wellness nurse, Linda Smith. To compliment this service, visit The Y at Union Wellness Center to become a healthier you.
See also The Y at Union
OU Physicians appreciates the opportunity to take care of the Union population and for any comments, suggestions or opportunities, please contact us directly at OUemail@example.com