Rosa Parks Family Garden Day set Oct. 6
Originally posted October 4, 2012
What is Global Gardens?
It is an Afterschool program for 3-5 graders.
· Each student tends their own garden plot. Students learn about peace education, cultural studies and community-building.
It is garden education during the school day for ALL students at Rosa Parks.
· Ms. Lacey or Ms. Maggie visits your child's classroom once a week to work with them on planning and tending to their class garden.
· These lessons include science, reading, art, creative problem-solving, and growing and sampling organic school-grown produce.
It is also a Family Food Farm and we need your help!
· You can grow produce to take home, swap recipes, join cooking classes, and connect with other Rosa Parks families.
· The Family Food Farm is open to everybody at Rosa Parks! We meet in the garden every Tuesday evening from 5:30-7:00 and on the first Saturday of each month from 9:00-11:00 a.m.
Upcoming Family Food Farm Events
THIS SATURDAY! Oct. 6, 9-11 a.m., Family Garden Day
Oct. 9 Fruit Tree Planting 5:30-7:00 PM
Oct. 16 Fall Break, No Tuesday meeting
Oct. 23 Community Gardening Film 5:30-7:00 PM
Oct. 30 Family Garden Night 5:30-7:00 PM
Nov. 3 School-wide Harvest Party Potluck 3:00-5:00 PM
Nov. 6 Parent University: Family Dinner 5:30-7:00 PM
Nov. 13 Family Garden Night 5:30-7:00 PM
We will continue to meet on Tuesday evening up until Christmas Break. Please bring your own bowl and spoon, as we will plan on sharing a lite dinner each Tuesday.
Community Garden Coordinator
District News Archive