Did you know?
Originally posted August 28, 2012
Learn more about Transportation and your bus
Interesting Transportation facts from the 2011-2012 school year
District News Archive
- we transported more than 10,000 students each day?
- we serviced these students on 52 regular route buses and made close to 1,100 bus stops?
- we serviced 221 special education students each day on 16 buses and stopped at each student’s home?
- we traveled 817,461 miles transporting students to and from school?
- we made possible 1,278 activity trips last year and traveled 102,124 miles?
- we ran 49 shuttles per day so our students could continue their education and extra-curricular activities?
- our 6 mechanics completed 3,350 work orders and kept the districts 178 vehicles running for another year, including maintaining 932 tires?
- we repaired more than 270 bus seats mostly due to vandalism?
- we processed 357 video requests?
- our district vehicles traveled over 1.4 million miles and consumed approximately 198,000 gallons of fuel at a cost of $602,208.00?
- we trained 37 new bus drivers with each requiring 25+ hours of instruction and approximately 5+ hours of on the road training?