Operations busy during summer
Originally posted August 28, 2012
Union recently installed what is the largest video board in the state.
While there has been a lot of attention on the construction of the new Union Collegiate Academy over the summer, the Operations Department has been hard at work throughout the summer on a number of other projects.
Below is the rundown probided by Charlie Bushyhead, Assistant Superintendent of Support Services.
2012 Summer Projects - Construction Update
- Service Center retaining wall replacement is complete.
- High School Road opened for use prior to kick-off. Motorists enter and exit at the light on 71st by the QuikTrip.
- 6th/7th Grade Pool Renovation – HVAC equipment replaced, locker room floors, lockers, and walls complete, rust abated, and walls and ceiling painted. Project should be complete within two weeks after schools starts.
- Boiler Replacement at 8th and Andersen is complete.
- Science Window Replacements at Peters and Briarglen is complete.
- Parking Lot Reseal, minor repair, and restripe at 8th, McAuliffe, Jarman, and Clark is complete.
- Asphalt repair at the Service Center is complete.
- UMAC flooring ipgrade is complete.
- UMAC sound upgrade is complete.
- Carerra offices are 6th/7th are complete.
- Darnaby outdoor classroom was completed by the first day of school.
- High School stadium scoreboard was installed.
- 9th Grade Center remodel including signage, ceramics room remodel, ABE, and doorways is complete (for now).
- Clark freezer and cooler replacements are complete.
- High School gym changes made to accommodate varsity volleyball games and new scoreboard installation complete.
- High School administrative offices remodel (main office, activities office, new assistant principal offices, security office).
- 6th/7th Fine Arts Wing – Phase I complete (new RTUs in cafeteria and fine arts wing), Phase II underway, Phase III was put out for bids.
- Tennis facility – working on finalizing the design to proceed with the bid documents.
- Varsity football coaches locker room remodel is complete.
In addition to the projects listed, both Briarglen and Boevers were painted. There were numerous teacher and administrator moves throughout the district and all sites received their deep summer cleaning.
District News Archive