- Home /
- News /
- District News
Back to School Information
Originally posted May 17, 2017
Starting June 5 and ending July 28, the Education Service Center will be open for business from 7 a.m. until 6 p.m., Monday through Thursday - except during the week of July 4. During that week, the office will be open regular hours 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday-Friday, and it will be closed Tuesday, July 4.
Employees will be working 10-hours during this time with the exception of some Support Service personnel.
Please call before you visit a school to make sure that offices are open as individual sites' office hours may vary slightly because of decreased staff.
The first day of school is Tuesday, August 22, 2017.
Enroll for 2017-2018
Avoid the lines and enroll your children for school using our online registration service! See Enrollment section for information on school supplies, buses, meals, immunization, courses and more.
New to Union Schools? Register in 3 Easy Steps!
Follow the links to begin the registration process.
1. ONLINE ENROLLMENT
2. Free/Reduced Meal Application
3. Bring your verification documents to the Enrollment Center
2017-2018 Schedule Pickup
- August 10 - Seniors – 11 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- August 11 - Juniors - 11 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- August 14 - Sophomores - 11 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- August 15 – Freshmen 11 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- August 9 – 8th Grade – 11 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- August 8 – Alternative School Seniors – 9-11 a.m. and 1-3 p.m.
- August 9 – Alternative School Juniors – 9-11 a.m. and 1-3 p.m.
- August 10 – Alternative School – Sophomores and Freshmen – 9-11 a.m. and 1-3 p.m.
- August 7 – 6th/7th 2 p.m. – 7 p.m.
- August 8 – 6th/7th 10 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Meet the Teacher Thursday, August 17
The annual Meet the Teacher conferences for elementary students and parents will be from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. Thursday, August 17, 2017. During this time, parents have the opportunity to visit their children's elementary school and meet their teachers, sign up for PTA, buy a school shirt and learn about what is in store for the coming year.
Back-to-School Nights for Union Public Schools in Grades 6-12 have been announced.
The nights will provide an opportunity for parents and families to meet teachers, visit classrooms and learn about programs and offerings and the school sites.
Back-to-school Nights will be:
- High School, 6:30 to 8:30 p.m., September 5,
- 9th Grade Center, 6:30 to 8:30 p.m., September 11 - Date/time has changed!
- 8th Grade Center, 6:30 to 8:30 p.m., August 31
- 7th Grade Center, 6:30 to 8 p.m., August 29
- 6th Grade Center, 6:30 to 8 p.m., August 28
- Alternative School, 6 to 8 p.m., September 5
Tools U Can Use
Miss a call?
If you’ve missed an automated call from the district or one of our schools, you can always hear a replay! Just call 1-877-Replay1. That’s 1-877-737-5291. If you want to receive automated phone calls, please notify us when your phone number or email address changes. Contact the Enrollment Center in care of Bibi Davila at 918-357-6150 or 918-357-6154.
Information on calendar items and a number of other schedules can be found on all the school pages, under About Us, or just use the calendar on the right side of this page. For your covenience, the purple Calendar & Hours box at the top contains the district calendar, school hours and school sites addresses.
If you want to add something on the calendar, SUBMIT AN EVENT.
Moving Up Day - Be part of a Union tradition Wed Juy 19
Incoming 6th graders love this mock school day. Volunteers guide them while they tour, attend classes & more.
The annual 6th Grade Orientation - Moving Up - will be 9 a.m. until 2 p.m. Wednesday, July 19 at the 6th Grade Center. This program is designed to relieve some of the anxiety that incoming sixth graders feel as they enter a new school. Topics that will be covered include:
- media center
There will be fun activities for the students. A large staff of teachers, administrators and counselors will be in attendance for the students to meet. Transportation will be provided for many neighborhoods. Students will need to bring a sack lunch. Snacks will be provided.