Back to School Information
Back to School Information for 2019-2020
The first day of school is Wednesday, August 21, 2019. Union Public Schools has compiled this Back to School information for easy reference. This page includes information on important dates, school supplies and more.
Union to have new start and end times for 2019-2020
Below are the new start times: (Download)
- 7:40 a.m. – 2:25 p.m. All Elementary Schools
- 8:10 a.m. – 3:11 p.m. High School
- 8:15 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. Union High School Freshman Academy
- 9:00 a.m. – 3:45 p.m. 7th Grade and 8th Grade
- 9:30 a.m. – 4:15 p.m. 6th Grade
New to Union? Enroll online
Avoid the lines and enroll your children for school using our online registration service! See Enrollment section for information on forms, immunization, courses and more.
Register to enroll in 3 Easy Steps!
Follow the links to begin the registration process.
1. ONLINE ENROLLMENT
2. Free/Reduced Meal Application
3. Bring your verification documents to the Enrollment Center
Where is my school?
High School parking permits and activity cards
High school parking permits are $25, and students must provide their car license tag number and driver's license number to purchase a permit. Activity cards are $25, which includes admission to Union home athletic events and fine arts performances. Activity cards are for athletic home events – not playoff games or state games, and fine arts concerts but not all school musicals or drama performances.
Bus route maps are posted at schools and may be vewed during schedule pick-up and Meet The Teacher. They will also be posted online around August 1. Visit the Transportation page for information.
All sixth, seventh and eighth grade students are asked to purchase the Student Planner, which includes the student/parent handbook. The planners are $5.00.
Extended Day Program
Union offers programming for elementary students before and after school as part of our Extended Day program. Union's EDP was created to provide safe, alternative educational child care, enhancing the child’s extended day for students enrolled in pre-kindergarten through seventh grade. Recognizing the busy lifestyles of today’s family, the district attempts to work in partnership with home and parents by providing before and after school supervision at the school site. Enroll at the Education Service Center, 8506 E. 61st Street.
Pay for Meals Online
Union Public Schools is excited to offer MySchoolBucks®! This online payment service provides a quick and easy way to add money to your student’s meal account using a credit/debit card. MySchoolBucks®! is an upgraded software version of the MyLunchMoney®! program that was piloted this spring at several sites. See Food Menus
Meet the Teacher
The annual Meet the Teacher conferences for elementary students and parents will be Monday, August 19, 2019. During this time, parents have the opportunity to visit their children's elementary school and meet their teachers, sign up for PTA, buy a school shirt and learn about what is in store for the coming year.
2019-2020 Schedule Pickup
Schedule pick-up for secondary grades has been announced. Pick-up will take place at the school the student is attending. Below are dates and times. During pickup, students will be take ID pictures, purchase parking permits, find bus routes and more.
- August 15 - Seniors – Noon – 6 p.m.
- August 14 - Juniors - Noon – 6 p.m.
- August 13 - Sophomores - Noon – 6 p.m.
- August 12 – Freshmen - 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- August 12 – 8th Grade – 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- August 8 – 6th & 7th Grades 2 – 7 p.m.
- August 9 – 6th & 7th Grades 10 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Alternative School Schedule Pick-Up
- All times are 9-11 a.m. and 1-3 p.m.
- August 15 – Seniors
- August 14 – Juniors
- August 13 – Sophomores and Freshmen
Back to School Nights - 6-12th
- 6th grade – August 26th, 6:30 - 8:00 pm
- 7th grade – August 27th, 6:30 – 8:00 pm
- 8th grade – August 28th, 6:30 – 8:00 pm
- 9th grade – September 3rd, 6:30 – 8:00 pm
- 10-12th – August 29th, 6:30 – 8:00 pm
- Alt Ed – August 29th, 6:00 – 7:30 pm
Elementary Curriculum Nights
- To be annnounced.